Chapter 1: Young Learners and The Classroom Environment..........7
- Describe the basic concept of Piaget’s Theory of Cognitive Development.
- Explain rudimentary differences between first and second-language acquisition.
- Describe how theories in second language acquisition affect young EFL learners.
- Explain multiple classroom applications that address theories of second language
- acquisition and young learners.
- Compare and contrast typical young-learner program models found overseas.
- Describe how best to manage a class of young learners.
Chapter 2: Planning Activities and Lessons for Young Learners..........27
- Define instructional scaffolding and explain how it applies to young-learner activities.
- Describe considerations for teaching listening and speaking skills to young EFL learners.
- Describe considerations for teaching reading and writing skills to young EFL learners.
- Describe methods for effectively introducing new vocabulary to young EFL learners.
- Identify rationale for including or excluding explicit grammar instruction in the young
- learner classroom.
- Identify appropriate assessment practices for young learners.
- Design effective activities and lesson plans for different levels and ages of young learners.